Open Die Manufacturing company located in Redford, MI is currently looking for full time Controller. This position contributes to the company’s success by having a thorough understanding of the accounting activity at Steel Industries Inc.. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for formulating the General Ledgers.
- Perform the monthly General Ledger consolidation and analysis.
- Generate and submit required financial reporting to the parent company and internal management staff on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis as needed.
- Maintain various General Ledger Analysis spreadsheets as required.
- Manage the Accounting Department with various daily accounting decisions and issues.
- Perform annual physical inventory audit as required with Corporate and Inventory management.
- Coordinate the Accounts Receivable function with Corporate.
- Back up for payroll function in Human Resources.
- Forecast revenue and earnings on a weekly or ad hoc basis.
- Assist with the preparation of annual environmental reports.
- Review customer Terms and Conditions and Non-Disclosure agreements.
- Maintain Standard Cost environment – including performing cost roll ups, monitoring work center standards and various variance analysis.
- Code and scan AP items to Corporate for payment.
- Various daily/weekly reports to management.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Other special projects as assigned by Plant Manager
- Knowledge of Financial/Accounting processes and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the desire to partner with business leaders to help grow the business.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a $50M-$100M facility.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in leadership capacity.
- Experience with QAD ERP system is a plus.
- 3 or more years of general ledger experience required.
- 1 or more year of Cost Accounting/Inventory Valuation experience required.
- Experience with a mainframe accounting system required.
- Physical Requirements
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 25#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Safety Requirements
- Must wear required personal protective equipment when in manufacturing areas
- Team Player
- Organized and dependable
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Accurate & Efficient
- Action oriented
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Benefit package includes paid holidays, paid vacation and PTO days, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).