This position is accountable for accurate, efficient and timely operation of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machinery in a production environment while ensuring safe working conditions at all times that lead to manufacturing a quality product.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aware at all times of correct orientation of product being placed in CNC machine
- Loads and unloads products
- Monitors and changes cutting tools (inserts) as needed
- Performs basic dimensional inspection of product when required
- Operates equipment in constant high production environment
- Starts and stops cycle of equipment as needed, through use of push buttons and levers
- Removes metal shavings/chips from equipment in a safe manner
- Interprets blueprints, drawings and work instructions
- Follows quality requirements and ensures high level of quality in machined parts
- Housekeeping of machine and surrounding area
- Daily inspection and maintenance of machine
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Support and/or participate in the organization’s Continuous Improvement Programs
- Proactively participates in AFGlobal’s E3 Safety Program
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good knowledge of machining processes and procedures
- Ability to understand and use basic mathematics
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of materials and specifications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Certification or some college, a plus
- 2-5 years of experience operating similar machines
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and Holidays.