Process Control Monitor
Steel Industries Inc. location in Redford, MI is currently looking for a full time Process Control Monitor. This position contributes to the company’s success by monitoring the manufacturing process related to shop orders and process control documentation, to ensure that the Company and customer requirements are being met. This includes documenting processes when specifically called out on the shop order or as otherwise directed by management. This would also require the individual to stop those processes which are outside of allowable limits and coordinating with management to make determinations on how to proceed. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Will be required to document specific processes and ensure they meet customer approved production process control documents (PPCD).
- Must learn the appropriate work instructions necessary to peform this function.
- Will be asked to help with testing as directed.
- Help to establish production process control documents (PPCD) and work instructions (WI).
- Help with dispositions of NCR’s.
- Reviews, initiates, and maintains calibration / certification of gaging used to measure and control processing of products through various manufacturing processes.
- Assist with dispositions of NCR’s, CAR’s and PAR’s
- Acquire the necessary skills to perform final material inspections, verify plan requirements and apply QA approval at various production stages prior to shipment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High School diploma at a minimum; an Associate’s Degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Benefits are effective the first of the month following 30 days. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability and 401k. Two weeks vacation after one year of service and five pto days per year.
If qualified, please send your resume to [email protected]