The Cost Accountants primary responsibility will be maintaining the cost set for all sites under their jurisdiction. To carry out this function, the Cost Accountant will serve as the accounting/finance liaison to operations, supply chain and sales in all matters related to cost including cost roll-ups, inventory valuation, variance analysis etc. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for oversight and reconciliation of work order costing issues that arise during the month.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Classifies and/or reviews and records routine to complex accounting transactions daily and monthly
- Suggests, recommends and implements changes to accounts, reports and ERP system
- Identifies existing and potential accounting problems, researches possible solutions and forms conclusions to present to the supervisor or other individuals involved and corrects problems
- Assists in the preparation of month-end close reporting package and other management reports
- Supports site operations with ad-hoc analysis and reporting where necessary
- Provides oversight for plant costing activities including material, labor and overhead standards
- Aligns cost accounting system with changes in product design, raw materials and manufacturing methods. Determines the effect of such changes and recommend alternatives as appropriate
- Updates product costs during annual cost roll and at other intervals year when needed
- Performs analysis and reporting of manufacturing and purchasing variances to various departments in the organization
- Coordinates annual physical inventory and periodic cycle counts
- Proactively participates in AFGlobal E3 Safety Program
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal Skills – Individual must have the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solving and analytical skills – Must have the ability and desire to understand and analyze complex data-sets and business issues.
- Professional Judgement – Must be comfortable working with ambiguity at times and exercising professional judgement when necessary.
- Basic understanding of accounting regulations, practices and principles.
- Planning Skills- ability to plan work and prioritize responsibilities.
- Pressure/Deadlines- ability to work under pressure of schedules.
- Computer Skills- accounting, spreadsheet and work processing software.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 years of experience in specific discipline or functional area
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 15#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Exposure to Production Environment on a daily basis.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment when in designated areas
- Work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Organized and dependable
- Accurate & Efficient
- Action oriented
- Quality Management System and Indoctrination
- Plant required, New Hire Safety Training
- Product training as needed
- Customer specified or supplied training, when required
- Job specific procedures, work instructions, forms and processes
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.