Project Manager - Service
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of a project which includes planning, cost tracking, budgeting, scheduling, and evaluating overall success at the end of the project to better ensure greater success for future projects.
- Work with Purchasing and/or vendors to ensure that project-specific requirements are satisfied and to ensure that actual costs are less than the project budget.
- Work with the Product Quality Assurance Manager to develop project-specific procedures based on Customer requirements.
- Work with Quality Control to ensure that project-specific requirements are satisfied.
- Work with Operations throughout the execution of the project to ensure that project-specific requirements are satisfied and project delivery dates are met.
- Provide feedback to Estimating with respect to actual costs vs. budget.
- Maintain overall project schedule to ensure project requirements and Customer needs are being satisfied.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the project management processes and collaborate accordingly with the Product Director to develop alternate strategies and techniques for future projects.
- Solicit feedback from Customers and work accordingly with the Product Director to implement corrective actions for the sake of continual project improvement and to increase overall Customer satisfaction.
- Maintain standards for project management that meet or exceed Customer expectations.
- Identify and work accordingly with the Product Director to implement necessary project management standards for both current and new product offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to understand and interact with technically-oriented Customers and Product Group resources.
- Ability to think creatively and to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling and planning software.
4-year degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
10+ years of experience working with applicable products in an Estimating, Engineering, Design/Drafting, Project or Product Management, or Product Quality Assurance capacity preferred.
Must wear required personal protective equipment when in designated areas.
- Stand, bend, sit, stoop, crawl, squat, kneel, lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and walk for 8-10 hours per day.
- Regularly required to hear and talk.
- Have the ability to see close up.
- Be able to withstand exposure to Production Environment.
- Be able to tolerate high noise levels with the protection of ear-plugs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
This job description is a product of AFGlobal, and is not intended to list all of the requirements of the job. Some unexpected events may cause changes in normal routine and therefore job duties.
- Team player
- Organized and dependable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accurate and efficient
- Action oriented
- New Hire HR Orientation (Direct Hire)
- New Hire Quality
- New Hire Safety Orientation
- First Aid/ CPR
- IMS Training
- Department Required Reading List
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.