This position is responsible for operating the forge shop manipulator and inspection of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating heavy forklift equipment with a multiple lever operation, handling heated steel in a forge shop environment (Handling weights of 500 to 10 thousand lbs).
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and safety.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Supports and/or participates in the organization’s continuous Improvement Program—Quality and ISO 9001 (QS as appropriate).
- Ability to identify materials by mill number, work order number or heat code.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of forging operations preferred.
- Basic math skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- 2-5 years of experience operating similar equipment preferred.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.