This position, using advanced knowledge of electrical processes and procedures, is accountable for providing quality electrical and electronic services to Ameri-Forge in an accurate, efficient and timely manner and ensuring all work is performed safely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using advanced and expert knowledge of electrical processes and procedures and equipment, troubleshoots and repairs system malfunctions using knowledge of PLC programs and operator interface units, heat induction equipment, SCR systems, Inverter/rectifier systems, and AC servo systems
- Troubleshoots motor controls using wiring diagrams, logic flow control, and all related test equipment
- Troubleshoots magnetic circuits at 480 voltage and below.
- Maintains and evaluates existing electrical systems for circuitry continuity and operational reliability using electronic test equipment
- Inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies complex electronic assemblies, subassemblies, parts and systems for compliance with specifications following blueprints, schematic drawings, inspection manuals, using hand tools and precision testing equipment
- Repairs machines throughout the facility
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Supports and/or participates in the organization’s continuous Improvement Program – Quality and ISO 9000 (QS as appropriate)
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge of motor controls, wiring diagrams and related test equipment
- Working knowledge of shearing systems, forging presses, manipulators, drilling machines, milling machines, heat treat equipment.
- Ability to apply electrical and electronic knowledge and implement techniques accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings and apply as appropriate.
- Communications are clear, concise and achieve intended objective.
- Ability to identify complex issues and provide optimal solutions in order to maintain quality electrical systems for the plant.
- Ability to work under pressure of schedules.
- Ability to use computer to troubleshoot electronic control systems.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Field Certifications (Journeyman License & State License) a plus but not required
- 5-6 years of troubleshooting electrical/electronic equipment.
- Allen Bradley PLC experience.
- Troubleshoot at the PLC level.
- Troubleshoots magnetic circuits at 480 voltage level and below.
Full Benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.