Director of Internal Audit
The Director of Internal Audit will initially be an independent contributor position responsible for the risk assessment, process narrations, defining significant financial and IT controls, and testing and remediation for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements. The position will report to the CFO with direct access to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with different business owners on implementation, execution and compliance with entity level controls
- Responsible for the development of the internal audit function in terms of continuous auditing, data analytics, Global process reviews.
- Execute an efficient and effective audit approach and ensure assigned work is completed according to schedule.
- Document and actively participate in the development of the audit procedures performed as well as the preparation of noted concerns for audit report inclusion.
- Ensure audit focus is based upon factual evidence to improve overall internal controls.
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the Company’s operations.
- Establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adoption of internal control principles.
- Recommend internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls.
- Assist in the development of Sarbanes-Oxley self-assessment programs for key controls and performs SOX self-assessment testing for all business processes including IT functions and entity level controls.
- Perform financial, operational, fraud, system (IT) and process audits of business units, subsidiaries and outsourced operations globally.
- Position is responsible for generating value-added recommendations to enhance overall internal control of it operations.
- Perform any special projects as assigned by the CFO or Audit Committee.
- Comply with all internal control policies and procedures based upon changing business conditions.
- Utilize generally accepted accounting principles, best practices and good business practices in the performance of all audit work.
- Communicate effectively with all IA team and all other management levels throughout the audit process to ensure adherence to work plans, schedules, and that audit concerns and proactive resolutions are addressed.
- Preparation of management reporting to the Audit Committee and Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with similar internal audit roles in similar high-growth organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred.
- Must have broad audit experience and the ability to interact with management at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements and COSO Controls Framework 2013.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and audit techniques.
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer-aided audit tools (such as spreadsheets or other database tools).
- Experience managing teams and deliverables under pressure.
- Risk based oriented person with strong project management skills
- Understanding and experience using data analytics.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence as demonstrated through crisp writing, speaking and thinking and proven experience interacting with senior management.
- Ability to perform audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization
- Ability to utilize audit objectives and procedures to review and assess the adequacy and application of internal controls through corporate operations.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required.
- Certification as a CIA, or CPA is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum 8 years Sarbanes-Oxley, internal audit experience or equivalent such as Big 4 audit experience.
Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.