Director, Manufacturing Accounting
Primary Function: Reporting to the CFO, this position manages a group of (4) Plant Controllers who support Operations management and business leadership by managing all aspects of the plant’s accounting services including standard cost development along with the plant’s general and cost accounting. Defines and ensures consistency and compliance of accounting procedures, processes and systems across all Company production facilities. Responsible for development of plant budgets and preparation of financial, production output, and other reports used to measure and control inventories, plant activities, and costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs Plant Controllers in the preparation of annual budgets and associated standard costs.
- Develops and maintains consistent reporting tools across all production facilities for comparison of actual vs. budget performance.
- Prepares and analyzes Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) related to Plant Operations.
- Acts in financial and management information advisory capacity for Operations leadership by analyzing, interpreting, and providing management with information.
- Assesses processes and procedures for efficiencies and improvement opportunities.
- Researches and resolves technical accounting related issues.
- Performs special accounting and analytical projects.
- Ensures that project and plant milestones/goals are met and plants are adhering to approved budgets.
- Supervises staff members by directing and reviewing their work and providing feedback for improvement and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of manufacturing accounting, inventory costing and reporting required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with multiple facilities and departments within each facility.
- Ability to effectively apply generally accepted accounting principles and theory; proven research, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills required.
- Experience with general accounting systems, budgeting and inventory control
- Extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 7+ years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
Full Benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.