This position is accountable for efficiently operating Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machinery to fabricate parts using milling, turning, drilling or tapping, including making adjustments to adhere to established specifications or to correct programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets Up and operates CNC machinery
- Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools
- Runs productions lots and communicates with co-workers regarding production runs
- Performs typical machine shop operations
- Responsible for performing inspection of machined parts using scales, micrometers and calipers
- Detects and reports defective materials or parts to management
- Makes necessary tool adjustments and replaces tools as required
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition including removing metal shavings/chips from equipment in a safe manner
- Interprets blueprints, drawings and work instructions
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Support and/or participate in the organization’s Continuous Improvement Programs
- Proactively participates in AFGlobal’s E3 Safety Program
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of machining processes and procedures
- Ability to understand and use basic mathematics
- Basic knowledge of CNC programming
- Knowledge of the use of measuring tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to work under pressure of schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of materials and specifications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Certification or some college, a plus
- 2-5 years of experience operating similar machines
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and Holidays.