Estimator / Planner - Redford
We are currently looking for a full time Estimator / Planner to work in our Redford, MI office. This position contributes to the company’s success by having a thorough understanding of the day to day responsibility of assisting with the flow of orders in the Process Planning Department. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Receive requests for quotes and orders from intercompany sales team.
- Work with manufacturing, quality and metallurgy teams to develop cost estimates for intercompany requests for quotes.
- Combine cost estimate, manufacturing steps, lead time, testing requirements, etc. into an accurate formal quote.
- Upon receipt of order, assemble accurate process plans to manufacture products for inter company customers.
- Interact with inter company sales team to provide order updates and address changes as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years of experience or more in the forging industry or metal working industry considered an asset; manufacturing experience in steel products an asset.
- Knowledge of the steel industry including forgings and rolled rings
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k. Vacation and paid time off is also part of the package.