Forging Quality Inspector
This position is responsible for inspecting raw materials, and performing Hot and Cold Inspection on forgings.
looking for a candidate with Hands-On experience in VT and LP . Certified Level II is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs First-Article (Hot & Cold) visual and dimensional inspection on of forgings / machined products to ensure compliance with requirements, using blueprints, drawings, specifications and prior knowledge to evaluate potential deficiencies present in systems, processes or materials.
- Performs in-process and final inspections at various points during the forging process to verify dimensions and prevent/reduce rework and scrap.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and work instructions .
- Actively reports nonconforming product and create NCRs as applicable.
- Suggests possible corrections to processes or equipment to prevent recurring problems.
- Schedules, performs, and documents all inspection activities, and creates inspection reports.
- Submits files, charts and status reports on receiving, in-process and final inspections as applicable.
- Maintains good order and housekeeping in all areas relating to the quality inspection activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of materials, specifications, and tolerances.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions, drawings, specifications and technical documents.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose problems and/or non-conformance in processes and products and coordinate corrective action.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to schedules.
- Ability to work safely and keep area clean.
- Ability to organize work according to schedule and load.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and under some pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Good verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly, concisely and achieve intended objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in dimensional and visual inspection
- Experience with Magnetic Particle examination
- ASNT Level II preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of quality inspection experience.
- Previous experience within forging environment is preferred.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and data entry.
Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.