NDE Technician II
This position is responsible for inspecting products and materials, for conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs UT, LP, MP, PMI, Brinell hardness on the parts.
- Performs surface preparation for the NDE like grinding etc.
- Understands requirements based on industry standards like ASME, ASTM etc., internal AFG specifications, Customer specifications.
- Works with written procedures, structural drawings and specifications.
- Maintains equipment and standards required for the NDE testing.
- Uses data base information and understanding of geometric tolerances on blueprints to perform inspections.
- Ensures materials and parts are in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and performance and are not irregular or damaged.
- Makes accept/reject decisions on products and suggest possible corrections to processes or equipment to prevent recurring problems.
- Maintains documentation of inspections.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment
- Proactively participates in AFGlobal Safety Program
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Qualified to perform ASNT TC-1A UT Shearwave Level II, MP & PT Level II testing
- Competent at reading and performing Brinell Hardness testing.
- Preferable (not required) – experience with PMI machines, Tensile & Charpy testing.
- Competent at performing dimensional inspections
- Competent in auditing routers for signoff and completion
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of high school math
- Able to interpret written procedures, specifications and structural drawings
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Level II MT, PT, UT & ET certification required
- 3-5 years’ experience working in manufacturing environment, preferably in Oil & Gas field
- Forklift driving experience preferred.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and Holidays.