Strategic Sourcing and Supply Chain Analyst
This position will be responsible for assimilating data providing competent analysis, and identifying trends for Demand, Supply and Strategic Sourcing Initiatives. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in identifying significant business risks and escalating to leadership. The Analyst will be an integral part of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) process by using analytics to improve function and business performance and to assist in the development of suppliers by providing data, developing additional sources and being a key player in the demand / supply management process. This role will report to the VP, GSC, but will have a critical functional relationship with the Director of Sourcing and the Global Materials Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Global Sourcing & Supply Chain organization with analytics, data based conclusions, recommendations and advice.
- Provide reports on defined health and performance indicators within instructed deadlines.
- Develop and continuously improve reporting formats (e.g. tools and metrics).
- Train and provide support for the organization in analytical tools, metrics and definitions.
- Stay up to date in subject of expertise and understands AFGlobal’s different functions and business units.
- Develop the competence to become recognized as a specialist within the GSC organization.
- Drive improvements relevant to the function.
- Be a key player in internal projects within the GSC organization (Sourcing/Materials/Logistics).
- Provide monthly reporting on defined Key Performance Indicators and other performance data relevant for the function and organization.
- Ensure monthly net requirement/demand plan roll-up is inclusive of all necessary information for required business units. (i.e. PO transaction receipt/GL Accts/Cross Domain Sales Orders, etc.)
- Provide analysis/data that assists the Global Materials Manager (GMM) in proactively influencing the planning processes for the business units
- Analyze and identify disparities between the requirements and demand plans, with consideration to, product lifecycles, demand, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Assist GMM with reporting/trending demand planning/forecast accuracy to highlight gaps to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify demand / supply process gaps and work within the team and cross functionally to create improvement tactics and strategies
- Can lead, coordinate and direct periodic meetings, resolve issues and follow up on action items identified in meetings. (i.e. Forecast/demand planning meetings, S&OP meetings, Cost Out meetings, Fulfillment Meetings, etc.)
- Influence change and improvement within demand and supply functions across the organization
- Assist in developing new suppliers and improving supplier capability to address demand gaps from critical analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Consolidation of data from different type of systems to be able to provide accurate data for decisions making.
- Provide global support, handling five business units and various sourcing categories.
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders across the globe.
- Provide analytics and sourcing support to Global Supply Chain team and various functions, as required, for the organization.
- Prepare reports according to defined criteria for dedicated working area focusing on the following:
- Spend analysis, including forecasting of material receipt, cost savings and synergies.
- Supplier performance when it comes to Quality, Delivery, HSE and Cost.
- Performance metrics for GSC organization.
- Conduct market analysis and insight, using external market research, insights, company analysis tools and products.
- Support development of new metrics and KPI’s as required.
- Develop various models to enable quantitative analysis of different sourcing initiatives and facilitate decision making.
- Proactively look for ways to innovate and evolve our analysis to be best in class including but not limited to creation and enhancement of dashboards and statistical analysis of data.
- Present and report on agreed performance indicators and objectives and initiates individual and collective actions to improve where needed.
- Provide guidelines to the GSC community on relevant Metrics / Key Performance Indicators.
- Work with systems in GSC as required, assists with requirement gathering, work with IT and functions in support of implementation of GSC consolidated systems and self-service dashboards.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree minimum requirement, preference is a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines; Supply Chain, Engineering, or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of demand management / forecasting tools, planning, purchasing, etc.
- Expert Knowledge with Excel / Access to analyze large amounts of data and prior experience with demand and supply planning tools is a plus.
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills. Ability to make decisions and work under time pressure.
- Solid Communication and presentation skills with prior experience presenting to middle and senior management.
- Demonstrate experience with supply chain management, supplier quality systems, and awareness of industry cost drivers and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, or similar ERP systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain principles, theories and processes.
- Working experience using statistical analysis to answer business critical questions.
- Ability to identify / anticipate trends or deviations from standards and implement creative and unique solutions.
- 5+ years of business experience in relevant discipline, e.g. Supply Chain Management, Sourcing, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Manufacturing, etc.
- Background in process improvements, and production / demand planning is desired.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver results.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.