Own the operational execution for the goods and services sourced in support of multiple AFGlobal manufacturing facilities located in the United States. Working from a base of operations in the Houston, Texas region, the successful candidate will develop practical and innovative ways to identify objectives and meet goals related to total sourced spend, and will have the need and ability to affect both short-term and long-term business goals. The Buyer shall possess the capability to be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, and have the competence and experience to execute business objectives.
- Compile and analyze current and anticipated material requirements, consolidating volume wherever possible.
- Achieve lowest possible total-landed cost, with full consideration and respect for quality and on-time-delivery needs.
- Develop requests for proposal, identify competent sources, and solicit and evaluate supplier quotations.
- Employ appropriate negotiation and cost/price analysis techniques, while seeking and using available expertise from supporting organizations.
- Implement purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations.
- Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities for assigned commodity, driving on-time-delivery.
- Assist in identifying and developing new suppliers to improve cost, delivery or quality of product.
- Assure suppliers are submitting invoices consistent with the materials delivered and all relevant contractual terms, and, working in conjunction with accounts payable, verify that all supplier invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Perform continual market analysis, comparing current market trends against existing purchase contracts and re-negotiating and amending purchase contracts as applicable.
- Maintain awareness all quality and delivery issues, compile all costs incurred by the factories rectify the issues, and assure suppliers are held accountable financially in a timely manner.
- Participate in and help to drive productivity ideas to reduce cost of products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with sound judgment and a diplomatic attitude.
- Solid technical knowledge and computer skills.
- Highly motivated team member/leader.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in a sourcing position, including negotiation and forecasting responsibilities.
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.