This position is responsible for assisting in the shipping and receiving of orders by preparing orders for shipment, receiving goods and updating the computer system on status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares orders for shipment by assembling order, check against shipping or customer order and reports shortages or overages in orders.
- Packs items for shipment including preparing shipment labels, assembly and packing in an accurate manner
- Orders trucks and schedules shipments
- Loads transport vehicles, ensuring loads are evenly distributed
- Performs incoming inspection of good to verify material being received is in good order and matches purchase orders
- Maintains shipping log and receiving files and paperwork
- Unloads trucks and moves receivables to correct areas
- Maintains yard organization and ensures materials are stored in correct areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of shipping equipment operation
- Knowledge of Shipping and Inventory
- QAD experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1+ year of experience in related job function
- Forklift operation experience preferred
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and Holidays.