CNC Machinist/Tool Maker
Operate various multi-axis CNC lathes and mills to produce precision machined parts to customer plans and specifications in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor and change cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Properly load and unload parts and perform set ups.
- Remove metal shavings/chips from equipment and perform other routine and involved maintenance.
- Keep machine continuously operating.
- Navigate programs and different pages on the machine, upload and download programs, and make offsets.
- Clear and reset complicated alarms and problems.
- Support and/or participate in the organization’s continuous Improvement Program, Quality and AS9100.
- Train other employees in advanced machining skills.
- Identify various parts and components produced.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic knowledge of operation of CNC machine.
- Proficiency with both multi-axis lathes and mills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions on routings, drawings, and specifications
- Basic knowledge of programming (Esprit preferred).
- Ability to use and understand dial indicators, Vernier calipers, micrometers, height gages, calipers of all varieties, bore gages, thread gages, gage pins, optical comparator, plug gages, and the specific gages used at the machine. Ability to set up height gages.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of machine on start and stop cycle as needed. Ability to ensure correct orientation of parts being placed in machine.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment (i.e.) overhead hoist, fork lift, and pallet jack.
- Ability to work under pressure of customer deadlines to meet their schedules.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or GED preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of related experience in and advanced machining production environment. Experience working with AS9100 preferred.
We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k) with generous Company match, and 100% Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life insurances. Supplemental insurance plans are also available as well as paid vacations, paid time off, and we competitive wages Salary is commensurate with experience.