Heat Treat Operator - Redford
This position involves all aspects of the heat-treating process. Accountable for efficiently and accurately controlling furnaces and quenching equipment, which are used to change the physical properties of metals and metal objects. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Operate heat treat furnaces including loading and unloading of steel parts.
- Load items to be treated into furnaces and bring the metal to a specified temperature.
- Perform hardness tests and dimensional inspections on parts.
- Operate overhead cranes, forklifts and manipulators to move material through the manufacturing process.
- Practice good housekeeping to keep work areas clean and organized.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for knowing the quality policy and having a basic understanding of all work instructions appropriate to the position.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Heat Treating fundamentals
- Knowledge of basic math skills and the ability to read a tape measure
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to interact positively with others
- Must possess great attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Must be able to work under the pressure of schedules
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience helpful but not required
- Sitting, squatting, walking, bending 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in different weather conditions
- Exposure to production environment on a daily basis
Must wear Personal Protective Equipment when in a production area
- Team player
- Able to work as a team
Previous experience in a heat treat helpful but must have experience working in a manufacturing facility.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. Paid vacation and PTO days after one year of service.