Mechanical Engineer - Redford
This position assumes the day to day responsibilities for assisting the various manufacturing departments to resolve engineering and metallurgical issues. Will assist the sales team by interpreting customer PO’s, drawings and industry specifications to facilitate answering inquires. Ensures customer satisfaction by establishing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing procedures and work instructions that support metallurgy, technical, and engineering requirements.
- Develop additional skills in metallurgical processing, specifications and testing to supplement the mechanical engineering skills in hand.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects as required and provide special project/business development support.
- Supports the sales and marketing, forge, heat treat, testing and machining departments on metallurgical, technical and engineering issues.
- Assists in developing process plans, MIP’s, testing plans for the order administration group.
- Audits Nadcap aluminum and steel (AMS 2750) process plans prior to release to production and completed orders following production.
- When the Process Control Monitor is unavailable, act as a backup to cover this function.
- Monitor the strict requirements for the specialized heat treat processes and make recommendations to continually improve the work instructions and procedures that will enable SII to maintain its Nadcap accreditation.
- Take an active role in the self-auditing process with the Quality Assurance team.
- Write clear and concise technical reports as required and provide engineering drawings to support testing and processing plans.
- Be a team member on problem solving or cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Approve quality reports such as test certificates, NDE reports, etc. as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, work experience will be considered.
Two (2) years experience or more in the forging industry or metal working industry considered an asset; manufacturing experience in steel products a strong asset.
Knowledge of computer including word and excel
Knowledge of basic metallurgy
Knowledge in Cad Cam, Solid Works 2014, Solid Works Enterprise PDM, and Draft sight (Auto Cad Clone)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k eligible the first of the month following 30 days. Paid holidays, PTO days and vacation.