Quality Control Inspector - Redford
This position is responsible for the day to day responsibilities of quality assurance monitoring and verification of the manufacturing process related to shop order and process control documentation to ensure that the Company and customer requirements are being met. This includes documenting specific processes, halting production and coordinating with management on how to proceed should a process be non-compliant with the customer requirements. Additional quality related functions are required of this position to ensure customer requirements are being fulfilled. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Will required to document specific processes and ensure they meet customer approved production process control documents (PPCD)
- Must be able to write clear and concise reports
- Will assist with the development of production process control documents (PPCD) and work instructions (WI), forms, etc.
- Must learn the appropriate work instructions necessary to perform this function.
- Will assist in training and further development of personnel.
- Reviews, initiates and maintains calibration / certification of gauging used to measure and control processing of products through various manufacturing processes.
- Assists with the dispositions of NCR's, CAR's and PAR's.
- Ability to interpret materials prints, perform layout and assist production as required.
- Perform PMI, Ferrite testing in accordance with customer requirements as required.
- Acquire the necessary skills to perform final material inspections, verify plan requirements and apply QA approval at various production stages prior to shipment.
- May assist QA with both internal and external quality audit functions.
- Be a team member on problem solving or cross-functional teams as assigned
- A minimum of two (2) years experience or more in the forging industry or metal working industry considered an asset; manufacturing in steel products a strong asset.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy - may be obtained on the job
- Must be able to meet ITAR requirements
- Must be able to work under pressure of meeting company and customer schedules and deadlines.
- Must have knowledge of computers including word and excel
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k eligible the first of the month following 30 days. Paid holidays, PTO days and vacation.