Buyer - Redford, MI
This position is responsible for the operational execution for the goods and services sourced in support of Steel Industries a AFGlobal manufacturing facilities located in Redford Twp., MI, while providing support as needed to other AFGlobal sites throughout the US. Will develop practical and innovative ways to identify objectives and meet goals related to total sourced spend. Will possess the need and ability to affect both short-term and long-term business goals and possess the capability to be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and have the competence and experience to execute business objectives. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyze current and anticipated material requirements, consolidating volume whenever possible.
- Achieve lowest possible total-landed cost, with full consideration and respect for quality and on-time-delivery needs.
- Develop requests for proposal, identify competent sources, solicit and evaluate supplier quotations.
- Employ appropriate negotiation and cost/price analysis techniques, while seeking and using available expertise from supporting organizations.
- Implement purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations.
- Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities for assigned commodity, driving on-time-delivery.
- Assist in identifying and developing new suppliers to improve cost, delivery or quality of product.
- Assure supplies are submitting invoices consistent with the materials delivered and all relevant contractual terms. Work in conjunction with accounts payable to verify that all supplier invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Perform continual market analysis, comparing current market trends again existing purchase contacts and re-negotiation and amending purchase contracts as applicable.
- Maintain awareness all quality and delivery issues, compile all costs incurred by the factories rectify the issues and assure suppliers are held accountable financially in a timely manner.
- Participate in and help to drive productivity ides to reduce cost of products.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience.
2 years minimum experience in a sourcing position for an industrial manufacturing facility, preferably steel and/or metals related or 5 years experience in a general sourcing position outside of the manufacturing industry including negotiation and forecasting responsibilities.
Knowledge of procurement practices and procedures, negotiating skills.
Solid technical knowledge and computer skills.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
Highly motivated team member.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance benefits and a 401k Plan that become effective the first of the month following 30 days. Paid holiday, PTO and vacation.