Control Systems Engineer
This position is responsible for Design Control Systems for Advanced Drilling Systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- HMI and PLC systems software development, programming, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Supporting Testing, commissioning, Maintenance and troubleshooting of control systems installed on drilling equipment onshore and offshore.
- Operations support and continues improvement of software controlled systems
- Creation, checking, maintenance of software development documentation (SDS, FDS, C&E, UL)
- Developing, maintaining and modification of Matlab algorithms and GUIs
- Engineering Degree in instrumentation and controls software related discipline (computer science, electrical or mechatronics engineering)
- 3-5 years’ experience in PLC and HMI (SCADA) systems programming, detailed software engineering, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Siemens TIA Portal, STEP 7, Win CC is a must. Additional experience in other controls software development systems is preferred
- Ability to read and understand software development documentation like SDS, C&E, software models and FDS
- 2+ years’ experience in control systems front end engineering (FEED) environment. Matlab simulation and physical modeling knowledge is preferred
- Applicable configuration, knowledge and understanding of data communication protocols (Modbus, PROFIBUS, PROFINET, WITS, CAN, Foundation Fieldbus….)
- Applicable experience in programming languages and scripting using any or all of the following languages: VBasic, C, C++, C#
- Understanding of software verification and validation tools. HIL testing experience is preferred
- High level of communication skills to work effectively within a development team and to support other teams within the Engineering group
- Familiar with applicable standards and regulations of software development (IEC and IEEE)
- Must be able to Multi-Task in several projects
- Experience in the Oil & Gas drilling industry is preferred
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.