CNC Machinist - Redford
This position is accountable for consistent and reliable operation of CNC lathe and mill machining equipment to achieve production plans including volume, cost, on-time deliveries and quality of work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Aware at all times of correct orientation of product being placed in machinery.
- Loads and unloads products.
- Monitors and changes cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Performs dimensional inspection of product as required.
- Operates equipment utilizing optimal speeds, feed rates and depth of cut to achieve production requirements including product cost, quality and on-time delivery to customer.
- Starts and stops cycle of equipment as needed and as appropriate to maintain safe and reliable operation condition.
- Removes metal shavings/chips from equipment in a safe manner.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for knowing the quality policy and having a basic understanding of all work instructions appropriate to the position.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Excellent working knowledge of manual and CNC machining equipment.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for machining equipment.
- Capable of adjusting tooling offsets as required during normal tooling changes.
- Able to set up, operate and maintain CNC Lathes and Mills.
- Ability to utilize technical knowledge of CNC machining equipment for safe operations as required for stop and start situations.
- Ability to ensure correct orientation of product being placed in lathe.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings/specification and perform record keeping duties as required.
- Ability to safely work under pressure to achieve quality, cost targets, and delivery schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings and apply as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to achieve intended objective
- Ability to identify complex issues and provide optimal solutions in order to maintain quality and reliable production throughput.
- Ability to use computer for basic record keeping.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience
- Two (2) years experience as a CNC Operator
- Read, write, comprehend and follow instructions, drawings, specifications, safety signs/warnings and other job related materials as needed.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance as well as 401k Retirement plan options including a Roth IRA. Paid vacation plan available, as well as company designated paid holidays. Waiting periods may apply.