Production Worker - Redford
This afternoon position will involve working in different areas within the forging shop operations. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Operate heat treat furnaces including loading and unloading of steel parts.
- Load items to be treated into furnaces and bring the metal to a specified temperature.
- Perform hardness tests and dimensional inspections on parts.
- Operate overhead cranes, forklifts and manipulators to move material through the manufacturing process.
- Work with the press crew and assist in making open die forgings and seamless rolled rings.
- Must be able to calculate weights and lengths to cut material to desired weight on saws.
- Practice good housekeeping to keep work areas clean and organized.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for knowing the quality policy and having a basic understanding of all work instructions appropriate to the position.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of math skills and the ability to read a tape measure
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to interact positively with others
- Must possess great attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Must be able to work under the pressure of schedules
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience helpful but not required
- Sitting, squatting, walking, bending 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in different weather conditions
- Exposure to production environment on a daily basis
Must wear Personal Protective Equipment when in a production area
- Team player
- Able to work as a team
Previous experience in a heat treat helpful but must have experience working in a manufacturing facility.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. Paid vacation and PTO days after one year of service.