1.0 PRIMARY FUNCTION:
This position contributes to the company’s success by acting as the technical specialist supporting the rollout of new products, responsible for troubleshooting any issues with new products2.0 DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scope of involvement includes but are not limited to, field operations support for engineering from initial studies and concept development, through design, testing and prototype build.
- Domain expert throughout the product development life cycle and project manager for the conceptual development of new products
- Prepares and manages testing of new technology in the field or lab environment
- Performs risk and technology readiness assessments of new technology
- Communicate benefits of associated product line technology to potential clients and support business development when possible
- Supports management of intellectual property by providing information used to assess strategic value of IP and responding to patent examiner and patent attorney questions
- Initial conceptual and feasibility reports – this evaluates the best solution for the project
- Writing process design documentation including the process basis of design, design philosophies, and other reports
- Attending clients meetings Liaising with engineering disciplines (mechanical, piping and layout, electrical, etc.)
- Performing technical reviews of vendor documentation
3.1 Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Applicable knowledge and understanding of schematics, P&IDs, process flow diagrams and hydraulic schematics
- Strong verbal and writing skills capability of writing technical papers, marketing documents,
- Project management skills used to coordinate the conceptual development of new technologies
- Willing to travel 75% of the time. Travel may be outside of US.
- Willing to travel to field operation sites and manufacturing locations. Position is primarily field based.
3.2 Education and/or Experience
- 10 plus years of technology application experience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree plan.
3.3 Physical Requirements
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 50#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
3.4 Safety Requirements
- Must wear required personal protective equipment when on jobsites and in manufacturing areas
- Team Player
- Organized and dependable
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Accurate & Efficient
- Action oriented
- Quality Management System and Indoctrination
- Plant required, New Hire Safety Training
- Product training as needed
- Customer specified or supplied training, when required
- Job specific procedures, work instructions, forms and processes (if applicable) and as needed per QMS revisions and updates
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.