ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The production Scheduler coordinates production activities to meet product/customer requirements and is responsible for daily and weekly planning and for scheduling the production of all manufacturing lines. To develop, monitor, maintain, and improve production control programs to improve operations.
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of the daily production schedule for all production departments
- Generate computer based production schedules used by production supervisors in directing their shifts.
- Advise on the manpower requirements for the implementation of the production schedule.
- Provide information and/or reports required by other departments regarding Production Department activities.
- Increase efficiency/productivity by maximizing direct labor utilization, and maximize line productivity by reducing downtime caused by product "change-overs."
- Perform special projects assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Able to understand and interact with technically-oriented Customers and Product Group resources.
- Ability to think creatively and to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling and planning software
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Microsoft Projects knowledge a plus.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
3 years related experience in scheduling preferred.
Must wear required personal protective equipment when in designated areas.
- Stand, bend, sit, stoop, crawl, squat, kneel, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and walk for 8-10 hours per day.
- Regularly required to hear and talk.
- Have the ability to see close up.
- Be able to tolerate high noise levels with the protection of ear-plugs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team player
- Organized and dependable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accurate and efficient
- Action oriented
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.