Production Supervisor Afternoon Shift - Redford
Steel Industries Inc. located in Redford, MI is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to supervise the afternoon shift in our forging operations. This position contributes to the company’s success by having a thorough understanding of the day to day responsibilities of the forging, sawing and hot work operations. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Must organize and assign work to utilize skills, knowledge and experience of employees.
- Schedules the work for all departments at assigned plant.
- Select the proper stock for the job.
- Make sure production and maintenance personnel communicate to ensure job completion.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, scheduling and termination of employees.
- Must train employees.
- Communicate and follow-up with sales personnel and other departments as deemed necessary.
- Other job duties as required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of forging and saw operations
- Knowledge of a manufacturing setting
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in steel forging
- Previous supervisory experience necessary
- Standing, bending, sitting, lifting up to 25#, squatting and walking for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Benefit package includes 5 PTO days, paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k.