Control & Instrumentation Engineer
This position is responsible for the Design Control and Instrumentation Systems for advanced drilling systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, engineering and construction of onshore and offshore equipment control systems
- Supporting Testing, commissioning, Maintenance, troubleshooting of the control systems installed on drilling facilities.
- Operations support and continues improvement of the designed control systems
- Supervision of junior control systems engineers and programmers throughout the system development and testing phases
- SCADA and PLC systems programming, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Writing specifications, scope of works, interpreting drawings, foreseeing potential start-up and operations issues
- Creation and checking of System Engineering diagrams, Bill Of Materials, cable schedules, data sheets, PLC and SCADA systems specifications and other engineering documents like FDS, SDS, FAT Procedures, SIT Procedures….etc
- Overseeing field instrumentation selection and specifications.
- Developing, maintaining and modifying Matlab algorithms and GUIs – Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of IECEX and ATEX hazardous area standards and panel design – COMPEX certificate is highly preferred
- Applicable knowledge and understanding of data communication protocols (Modbus, PROFIBUS, PROFINET…)
- Experience or knowledge of physical modeling and simulation tools (Matlab Simulink, Simscape or SimulationX) – Preferred
- Understanding of software verification and validation tools. HIL testing experience is preferred
- High level of communication skills to work effectively within a development team and to support other teams within the Engineering group
- Understanding of instrumentation calibration systems and testing requirements
- Familiar with applicable standards and regulations of the design and build of control systems for onshore and offshore equipment (DNV, ABS, IEC, API)
- Must be able to Multi-Task in several projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering Degree in instrumentation and controls related discipline (computer science, electrical or mechatronics engineering)
- 8-15 years’ experience in PLC and SCADA systems programming, detailed engineering, maintenance and troubleshooting, experience in Siemens PLC and SCADA systems (WinCC) is a must
- 5+ years’ experience in control systems front end engineering (FEED) environment. Matlab simulation and physical modeling knowledge is preferred
Full Benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.